I believe we are in need of many more resources, especially texture-wise when it comes to planets. In most space or sci-fi artwork you will find a heavenly world or a few hovering in the alien sky. Many times, one of those would be a grand gas giant planet. These planets are a favourite amongst many space artists because of their almost infinite arrangement of colours and cloud belts. However, recreating a realistic gas giant could be a little tricky especially if one is to have a surface with a seamless composition (no sharp edges or harsh colour changes), or one thats not too cartoonish (overly bright and saturated colours).
Thats why i created this resource pack.
Within it, you will find 5 seamless gas giant planet textures along with 5 3d rendered gas giants with no shading. This way, the resource pack is versatile for both artists working with 3d and/or 2d programs.
I know this resource pack will be of great use to many people, including myself!
It took me a few days to make this pack, but i think it's worth the time spent. Tips
I made planet textures that are seamless. This will be good for any of you guys out there using 3d modelling software like Blender, Vue or any others. All you'll have to do is wrap the texture onto the surface of a sphere and rotate it to get your different view angles
I also threw in a few premade planets with no shading, for those of you out there that don't have the benefits of 3d programs.
Just plop the image into an open document and edit to your heart's content!Also, note that i made the premade planets with no perspective, as if you were viewing them from very far away. That way you have another degree of freedom when editing the textures and you can add your own level of perspective to the planets.I was inspired to make this pack by . His own is here. -------->
So please enjoy using my stock's as long as you follow the rules below!
Comments and favs are always welcome and appreciated!
!!!!! DOWNLOAD FOR THE ZIP FILE !!!!!
!!!!! LARGE FILE SIZE !!!!!
2) You MAY alter my stocks/ resources in any way you please.
3) If you use my stocks/ resources, you are to comment on the stock/ resource used, stating that you used it. Include a link to the work you used it in and a link in the work's description, back to the stocks/ resources used.
DO NOT NOTE ME!
4) You MAY NOT use any of my stocks/ resources to create any other stocks or resources.
5) You MAY NOT redistribute any of my stocks/ resources, sell them or claim they are your own in any way.
6) You MAY use any of my stocks/ resources outside of DeviantART, as long as it is for a NON COMMERCIAL reason.